I've been so long procrastinating about posting- just can't focus- so bullet points in no particular order seem easier:
* The little squirrel -themed Fair Isle for a friend's baby was nearly complete, only another sleeve and button bands to go, but it was just 'off' and I wasn't happy with it. Switched to the trusty Little Coffee Bean, with two stash yarns. It's about the favorite-ist thing I've ever made.
* Have been meeting with local friends who are also unhappy with the GOP representation in town and state. And though I like to think of myself as an Independent, I'm registered as a Democrat and vote 99.9% Dem, so have joined the Town Democratic Committee.
* The next Cookbook Club theme is recipes by Madhur Jaffrey. I checked out her Vegetarian India from the library, made a couple of recipes, and liked it so much that I bought the book (from local Savoy, not Amazon). I googled and found an Indian market right in Groton for ingredients (Raj Cash and Carry). Kate and I went shopping there- so much cool stuff!
* The first 'sister scarf' will be finished so the First Sister can take it home with her after her Thanksgiving visit. And I'm happy that today is Second Sister's final day of work before retirement! Looking forward to monthly Sister Lunches!
* There have been so many shootings, they are mixing up in my mind. I was scheduled to donate blood the Monday after the TX church shooting, but rescheduled for the following week as I just needed to hibernate. Data shows the key common factor in the majority of these mass shootings is A HISTORY OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. I am so glad that RI passed the Protect RI Families bill, requiring firearms to be removed from domestic violators. And just to point out- all Republican reps and senators in the RI legislature voted AGAINST this bill. Which is why I will do my best to campaign for gun sense candidates and vote them out.
* My niece asked me to knit the popular Azel pattern for my grandniece (at least she strongly hinted!). I'll get a modeled shot on Callie next week, but in the meantime Tuffy gives it his seal of approval.
* While picking out buttons for Azel at the Mermaids Purl, I finally found a nice looking and affordable shawl pin that will neither fall out and get lost, nor stab me. Now maybe I'll actually wear the scarves and shawls lying around here.
*I love my Simply Fit Board! I first read about it in the paper last week and went right out and got one. I will blast away this muffin top!