I seem to have done more frogging than knitting lately. This:
was supposed to be the Rock Walls Jacket, a very cute pattern that was coming out way too small, despite my using the Cora Color yarn called for. I'm pretty sure it was user error. The yarn is frogged and back in the stash.
is what I've started after frogging the Umaro Throw, which was supposed to be a gift to K and D for their wedding nearly 3 years ago. It's the good ol' feather and fan pattern, using Berkshire Bulky.
I started another Little Coffee Bean sweater, this time in a solid color:
It had been sitting around for a while because I wasn't happy with the contrast color neckband, and since it is knit top-down, I would have to perform minor surgery to replace it. Once I decided to tackle it, it was a piece of cake. Now, the only annoying thing is that when I joned another ball of yarn, it wasn't the same color- the main body is a heathered Cascade 220 superwash, and the buttonbands and sleeves are in the same green but not heathered. Oh well, whatever baby ends up with this will never notice.
At a recent guild meeting we learned how to spin yarn from silk hankies. It was easy, but very snaggy on your fingers! Here is my little swatch from one silk hankie, with a little left over.
Man, I knit way too tight! Since there wasn't really anything I could do with this little swatch (unless I wanted to buy more hankies and make a scarf), I unravelled and donated it to the backyard birds to weave extra-special nests.