It's a sleety icy mess out there today, on top of the almost foot of snow we got last week. Yesterday our son J's company sent him to Anchorage for two weeks, so now he'll get to experience an Alaskan winter.
I've made a lot of knitting progress over the long weekend. I could have shed tears of joy when, after finishing and joining the wedding shrug sleeves, I FINALLY figured out the pattern for the back. There are lots of parentheses within brackets indicating pattern repetitions, (and no charts or diagrams), which was so confusing that I had to write out each row for several rows to finally get it. The photo shows the start of the back, which is NOW FINISHED. I pinned the sleeves so I could try it on; many Ravelers had said the shrug came out too small and tight. However, it is fitting beautifully- after I tried it on myself I had K try it on- after all it is hers- and it is just right. I'm now working on the cuffs, which are zipping along.
I needed some mindless knitting for the quilter's group on Friday, and cast on for the Twisted Rib Neckwarmer using Unisono yarn that I bought from Unwind.
You have to keep your eye on Sticky Fingers Cow...